Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New York Mills: Day 6



Today's free style haiku: MMs are not nuts , yo! anyone wants them?

I conducted my first outreach workshop to about 28 of 10th graders. I ask them to do a several drawing projects, include the classic methods such as a blind drawing and not pencil lifting drawing. Kids responded well, but I noticed that their attention span is rather short, so I needed to assign new projects in short period of times. Patient is virtue in creating visual art. Repetitive activities give perfections. I have to convey this concept to kids to make them better artists.

Anyway, I enjoyed doing my workshop. I will work with them 3 times more. And tomorrow I will teach at another school.

After my class, the coordinator lady from the center took me to the bigger supermarket. I bought some bulk stuff. One of them was (I thought) nuts mix. A minute ago, I popped them into my mouth and I discovered they had a lot of MMs. I had to remove them. And I also notice that they are only peanuts and raisins, no other kinds of nuts. So, that’s the story behind my haiku today. She also took me to her house to show me her flock of hens and she gave me still warm eggs. (See image and Video below)

I tried to send out some mail today. I went to the post office crossing a big parking lot from the center. But it was closed. 1-2pm lunch hours. The place must be run by one person or two crews. Rain started hard, so I don’t think I will go to the post office again.

Yesterday, I finished a very first piece; a small painting. I actually feel not comfortable with this piece as wearing new shoes. The subject matter is not new, colors are mine, but mannerism is not typical of my works. This piece can be the new departure. This can be one shot mutation. I don’t know yet. What I know is that I am happy that this happened.

My very new piece:


A babe I met (bottom)


No comments:

Post a Comment