Friday, November 20, 2009

New York Mills (Countdown starts, 9 days left)

Tonight was a play night at the center. I must say this place provide a lot of stimulation to the local communities. Yesterday night had a dance class for little people,and a beaded jewelry class.

Tonight"s show was by Mixed Blood Theater from Minneapolis called "Theory of Mind" by Ken LaZebnik.

At the Q and A session (Skyler Nowinski, Taj Rule, and Raul Ramos)

It was a story of high school kids' night out. The boy had asperger and he thought he was having a date with a girlfriend, though she didn't think that way as story reveled.) It was quite entertaining and it was a cute story that I could totally relate to. I had handful of expediencies with his situation. Funniest one will be the night I went out with 6 cute girls in college and I thought myself that I was so hot, and then they turned out to be gay, so I was totally off from their love interests. Let get back to the story; the show certainly constructed around the fact the boy has asperger, and the main theme was the friendship, and the message was to remove the stigma of having asperger , and to celebrate individuality and to embrace the special gift. He was strange but charming. I was watching them from my special viewing area, my studio.

I am working on scratch board piece today.

No comments:

Post a Comment