Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Commitment of an environmental artist.

As I consider myself as an environmental artist. Tobe true to the claim, I try not use power tools and mechanized vehicles, as much as I can and I try to use only natural materials for my piece. My piece is about the harmony and interconnection of the world. I try to make sure my piece has low impact to the installed site. Quite often, nature cohabits with my piece and creatures take refuge under my piece.

Yes, I sometimes have to break self imposed rules. Tree trunks were cut by a chainsaw, and I used monofilaments for the support of the vertical cotton cords for this Wish Mandala.

But rest of woods are all hand cuts, hand carried or a bike carried.

Watch the Murray Monterey in action.
http://youtu.be/n9RnBnO_zTc


No comments:

Post a Comment