Monday, August 3, 2009

FAQs: GRANTS

I was reading a blog, "Mira's list" about grants. (Link at the bottom)
Then I realized that last grant I applied was a rather questionable one.
Because they charge fee and did not ask for a proposal, and their website was too simple.
I cannot say for sure if they are not legitomate; for instance a lot of not for profit organization's web sites are not cutting edge. But not to be asked proposal for grant was rather strange to me.
In my past, I had participated juried shows with fee. Once I was in a show in Chelsea from such a juried call, I ended up with 100 artists in 200 sqf for one day show. I realized that we were just paying for rent for this gallery from our entrance fee. (They were not so subtle about in fact they don't care about the show.) Questionable people organize a show to collect entrance fee, or invite outsider for a group show to cover their cost of the show. I did not think about this can be true to foundation's, however, anyone can call themselves such and such foundation and have a website. I admit that I was not careful. Here is what Mira how to say. (Follow the link)

FAQs: GRANTS

No comments:

Post a Comment