Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back in Annmarie groove





I arrive Annmarie two days ago, and I am happy to be back in my creation mode. My friend Luis told me a one technique that I found effective to get back to the creative state after a break; playing the exact music when you stooped. ( happened to be "Fernando" by ABBA) I suppose you can use another sensory method like using same luminous or same scent.

First thing I did was to check out the condition of the installation, which was totally fine after all weather elements. Also, I reset up the studio area, and then start working on re-calibrating well used stamps for flag making. It took me a full day to clean up, re-carve all stamps, and I made a few new. I was at the flag making station this weekend, and I met a girl who wishes for a pink duck. So far I had made a dog, a cat, fish, a dinosaur and now two duck stamps for those who wants to have pets. I still need to make horse and hamster.


I have read all wishes. One common wish is finding a cure for certain diseases. One wish I got today was saying " do not get very sick again"and it was wrote by a child. May the wind grants this child wish. One lady was bit choked while writing her wish for a cure. Perhaps writing reminded her someone who has or had the condition. I hope my project can take off some weight from her mind.

Now I have a good stuck of flags made by guests. I will start incorporating them to my installation piece very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment