Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Little back ground story....


This piece is called "
All Actions are Sacred " It painted by acrylic with embroidery on stitched canvas. The size is 32" x 32"

I started this piece when I was at

Virginia Center for the Creative Arts. One day, I was working, a big snake showed up at my studio from nowhere. It was May, and Virginia was like Summer in Northeast already. So, I saw snakes often on a property cooling down under the shade of trees. I guess that particular snake was eager to find cooler place. The symbolism of snake is interesting one in many cultures. It is often portrayed as a evil being , but also often one who knows some profound secrets. In this painting, the snake represents the mysterious

messenger send by divine one to human. The title was suggested by a poet friend I met there.

No comments:

Post a Comment