Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On going show in Williamsburg


I am very pleased with the piece I am currently showing at WAH Center, Williamsburg.
I started this piece in Summer of 2008 at the Anderson Center, Red Wing, MN. And I finally finished the two days before the show. I was not painting this piece for last 17 months, but I needed to have "cure" time. I truly believe that I achieved the next level I wanted. The rendering of flower captured the essence of "Live". The complexity of elements were well balanced, and well composed. I do not have the best reproduction here yet as I took this photo 2 hours before I delivered to the center with my snap shot camera. I also feel very good about the fact I finished two pieces already in this year. (And having two shows.) It is very good start. Tibetan might say "It is auspicious." I actually flew with a high lama by chance. Then I received a teaching from him on the new years day. I diffidently started my January auspicious way.

WAH Center show: Now to Feb 14th Open Sat and Sun 12-6 WWW.WAHCENTER.NET 135 BROADWAY, BROOKLYN, N.Y You may need to use the door on Bedford.
I will be there on 30th, 12-3. Please stop by any weekend, and certly you can see me on 30th.

My current another show:
LUMEN, curated by Asha Gunpat. January 21 - February 11 Monday through Friday 11am to 5pm at Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ. The reception will be from 5-8pm on Thursday January 28. 2600 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, New Jersey 08818-3050. It is a light sculpture show.
read my previous entry, January 18, 2010 about the piece for this show.
I will be at the reception.



No comments:

Post a Comment